This Is How We Write Music With Filmmakers [Video]
On behalf of My RØDE Reel, our friend Jonah Guelzo interviewed Daniel about his process when working with filmmakers on their movies.
This video highlights:
- 1:00 Daniel's first encounter with film scores (shout out to Hans Zimmer's music)
- 1:41 The Outlier approach to scoring films (and how it has very little to do with music)
- 2:36 Our process for recording and designing unique sounds for film scores
- 3:26 The sort of experience we offer to people we work with
- 4:29 Things filmmakers can do to improve their craft and careers
In addition to an interview, Daniel wrote music for all eight episodes of the series - you can hear a version of it on the "Film Music Ideas" track above.
Lastly, you can learn more about Daniel's interview on the My RØDE Reel website.